Construction on this project is 97% complete. The work that remains will include landscaping, electrical work, striping and other finishing work.
The night of Thursday, Feb. 22 and repeating the night of Friday, Feb. 23:
- Northbound and southbound I-5 between Norwalk Blvd. and Carmenita Road right lane closed from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. for electrical work.
- The following ramps may be intermittently closed along both directions of I-5 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.:
- Rosecrans Ave. northbound and southbound on and off ramps.
- Carmenita northbound and southbound off ramps.
- Norwalk Blvd. northbound off ramp.
These closures are scheduled for separate nights and will RE-OPEN each morning. All lane closures will be complete by 6 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 24.
The night of Monday, Feb. 26 through the night of Friday, Mar. 2:
- Southbound I-5 right lane closed from Norwalk Blvd. to Carmenita Road from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. for electrical work. Traffic will be able to access southbound I-5 via the San Antonio Dr. on ramp.
- Southbound I-5 on and off ramps at Rosecrans Avenue closed from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
These closures are scheduled for separate nights and will RE-OPEN each morning. All closures will be complete by 6 a.m. Saturday, Mar. 3. These closures will not conflict with any scheduled southbound I-5 full freeway closures from I-605 to Norwalk Blvd.
Engineers from both Caltrans and the City of Norwalk worked together to expedite the reconfiguration of lanes on northbound Bloomfield Avenue approaching Firestone Boulevard at the I-5 bridge. As of Wednesday, Feb. 14 there are now two left-turn lanes at the intersection with a protected left-turn signal. The center lane may turn left or continue straight. Pictured below, one vehicle turns left from the center lane and one vehicle is in the far left turn-lane: