- Valley View Ave. Interchange Project - February 15 - February 22, 2019
- VALLEY VIEW AVENUE INTERCHANGE PROJECT - Jan 21, 2018
- VALLEY VIEW AVENUE INTERCHANGE PROJECT - Jan 14, 2018
Weekly Construction Updates
Improvements: HOV lane, one mixed-flow lane in each direction, interchange modifications at Valley View Avenue and Artesia Boulevard, frontage road modifications.
Schedule: Construction will begin Late 2016
Completion: Late 2021
Cost: $631 Million
PDF Map Downloads are Below
Valley View Staging Map_stage-2-phase-1.pdf
Valley View Staging Map_stage-2-phase-2.pdf
Valley View Staging Map_stage-2-phase-3.pdf
Valley View Staging Map_stage-3-phase-1.pdf
Valley View Staging Map_stage-3-phase-2.pdf
Valley View Avenue Interchange
In mid-November of 2016 Caltrans began construction on the Valley View Avenue Interchange Project, which will add a High Occupancy Vehicle and mixed-flow lane in each direction along approximately one and a half miles of I-5 at Valley View Avenue, from Artesia Boulevard undercrossing to North Fork Coyote Creek. The project extends through the cities of Buena Park, La Mirada, Cerritos, and Santa Fe Springs.
Three bridges will be reconstructed: the Valley View Avenue Bridge at I-5, the North Firestone Boulevard Bridge over Coyote Creek, and the I-5 freeway bridge at Coyote Creek. Lanes will be kept open on the Valley View Avenue Bridge during construction. There will also be improvements to the interchange at Valley View Avenue and adjacent frontage roads. The new bridge will include a railroad overpass.
Construction on this project is 37% complete.
Completion of first half of Valley View Ave. Bridge: Revised to *late 2019.
Completion of second half of Valley View Ave. Bridge: Revised to *late 2021.
Completion of entire I-5 Valley View Ave. Interchange project: Revised to *late 2021.
Also, please go to our Twitter page at twitter.com/My5LA for project updates.
There are currently three sections of the first half of the Valley View Ave. Bridge under construction:
- One section crosses over I-5 in Santa Fe Springs. Final concrete was poured on the deck on the night of November 8. Photos below are from before the pour on October 30 and after the pour November 27:
- A second section crosses over Arbor Pl. in Cerritos. The final layer of concrete has been poured on this section and most of the falsework has been removed from the sides. Photos below:
- A third, middle section will cross over the railroad tracks. Crews are now constructing falsework (temporary structure support) and constructing the deck. Photos below from February 12:
- We are reconstructing two bridges side-by-side over Coyote Creek east of I-5 near Trojan Way in La Mirada. One bridge will carry new lanes of Firestone Blvd. and one will carry the new lanes of I-5. Abutment walls inside and above the creek are complete and the contractor is now building the deck of the bridges. Photos below from February 12:
- Firestone Blvd. is restricted to one lane in each direction between Valley View Ave. and the Firestone Blvd. off ramp from northbound I-5 in La Mirada. Trucks over 25′ in length and /or over 2500 lbs. may NOT:
1. Turn left onto Firestone Blvd, from the off ramp. (Right turn only permitted).
2. Turn left on Firestone Blvd. from Valley View Ave.Detour map below:
N. Firestone Blvd. is closed between Knott Ave. and Trojan Way to allow widening of northbound I-5, reconstruction of a new Firestone Blvd, to the east, and the reconstruction of Coyote Creek Bridge. Detour map below: